Monday, September 23, 2013

Changing weather

We received our first profile.  It was a very exciting time for us (me especially).  It really continues to amaze me - how quickly this whole process can happen.  

We read through it multiple times and discussed a lot.  We had conversations and meetings.  We took the whole weekend to decide how we were going to proceed.  When it came down to it, this profile just didn't seem perfect for us.  We will patiently await other profiles.  I really didn't think the first profile would be "the one" anyway.  

On a side note, I am having a real itch to be pregnant again!  It must be the time of year.  The smell in the air.  Trying to not let this cloud my judgement.  I am so thankful to have Phil by my side - helping me along.

A second side note.  Next spring, I am going to plant pumpkins.  Once October hits, I'm going to have a fall festival with all the neighbor kids.  I'm going to bake cupcake pies, there will be games, we will make caramel apples, and the kids will each get to pick a pumpkin from the garden and bring it home to carve.

It's always been a dream of mine to own a pumpkin patch - who says it can't be in a city backyard?! 

Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment