Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A word from my better half

Hello, my name is Phil.  My wife asked me to write a little about my feelings regarding her being a surrogate mother, so here it goes. 

We decided after our son Jude was born that our family as we see it is complete.  I couldn't be happier with our two children.  They amaze me every day and bring us so much joy.  Both of Kimmie's pregnancies went exceptionally well.  She had no complications, or issues of any kind as I recall.  I know that she truly enjoyed being pregnant, and she finds great joy in helping others.  So I understood her interest in surrogacy. 

I was a bit uneasy when Kimmie and I first discussed surrogacy.  I really didn't know anything about it.  My immediate concern was for her physical health, and to be honest, my mental health.  I didn't know how I would feel about her carrying somebody else's baby.  I didnt know how Kimmie would feel after carrying a baby and then giving it up.  I suggested we do some research.

After taking some time to talk, think, and pray about it, I began to feel a little more at peace with the idea of my wife being a surrogate.  There are a lot of things to consider in this process, many of them moral issues.  We are both pro life, and the more we learn about surrogacy the more we see it is a slippery slope, as she learned after part 2 of her application process.  We are finding there are ways to go about this process in a pro life way.  So that is the route we are currently looking into.

I know that most times I see things in a worst case scenario.  That's just how my brain works and I know Kimmie understands this.  With that being said, I love my wife and will support her in what ever way I can, in what ever decision we make. 

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment