Monday, August 12, 2013

Part I continued

Abortion.  A controversial issue.  I am pro life.  If this blog post will make you mad, please don't read it.  I'm not writing this to offend people.  Like I said in my first post, this is a diary for me.  People are welcome to read my diary but I write this for me.  And guess what?  I have the same values as me. 

Do I understand that the parents would want the final say on what happens to their baby?  Yes.  Do I understand this is not my baby?  Yes.  Do I understand they are paying for the pregnancy?  Yes.  

The thing I didn't understand from the email is how there can be an agency that has zip, zero, null, no one in their database who has the same views on termination as I.  They dismissed me.  Completely.  They didn't say, "we'll keep your application on file for when we have someone with your same views."  They didn't say, "we will try to match you with someone who is open to hearing more about your point of view."  They simply dismissed me.  

Why do I feel this way?  I don't like abortion.  I don't like terminating a baby for any reason.  I always think there is another option.  I have faith.  I have hope.  This is who I am.  This is what I believe.

My beliefs differ from a lot of people but I know, personally, I would not be able to participate in an abortion - whether it is my baby or someone else's baby, I would not be able to be a part of it.  

What I want to do with my role as a surrogate mother is bring life to people who want more than anything to be parents.  I know how I feel about my kids and how much love they have brought to my life.  I hurt for the people who struggle to get pregnant.  I want to help.

My search continues.


No comments:

Post a Comment